Power Point from Video:UCAS virtual assembly
DO YOUR RESEARCH
- Mythbusters on Higher Education https://www.ucas.com/file/166/download?token=_RT0TqOc
- What options are available post 18
Includes apprenticeships, internships and gap years. https://www.ucas.com/what-are-my-options
- Buzz Quiz
Discover your strengths and the types of job you might enjoy. https://www.ucas.com/careers/buzz-quiz
Chat to undergraduate students to discover more about their courses and university.
- Virtual Open Days https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/scheme/virtual-and-digital?keywords
The complete destinations platform. A one stop shop for information on courses, universities, their employment stats and student feedback.https://www.unifrog.org/
- The UCAS Hub.
Here you’ll find tools to allow you to explore options, compare courses and find open days. https://www.ucas.com/what-are-my-options/create-your-ucas-hub-today
WRITING A PERSONAL STATEMENT
- Personal statement dos and don’ts https://www.ucas.com/file/172571/download?token=cLA4g0V8
- Personal statement video
Watch this for some great advice on writing a personal statement.
- Take a look at Martin Lewis’s Money Saving Expert for help with understanding student finance and how to budget as a student. And lots of other hot tips! https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/
- The student room – the UK’s largest online student community https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/student-finance/
- Applying for Student Finance https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance
You can also link to student finance via Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
- Save the student! https://www.savethestudent.org/student-finance/the-big-fat-guide-to-student-finance-2012.html
UCAS Toolkit (Word and PDF Versions)